torstai 19. helmikuuta 2009

This and that

You know, I read other expats' China blogs, to see nice photos of China. Many blogs seem to be kept by stay-home wifes, who have better opportunities to take pictures in day light than I do. Or so I think. That's my excuse. I feel bad I have not been able to present better what it is like in here. But the state of the matter is, that for example the past two weeks I have been going to the mill everyday. That means

5:50 I get up, shower, eat breakfast

7:00 - 8:30 drive to the mill: working, some chatting with colleagues, sometimes sleeping

8:30 - 17:00 working

17:00 - 19:00 drive back to Shanghai: usually working. And chatting.

19:00 -22:45 Having dinner, going to the gym, reading, studying Chinese, watching TV, blogging. Or what ever I decide to do. In less than four hours.

But what ever I decide to do, I need to take into consideration my darling, who came to China for me (which I value and appreciate). And who is working very-very parttime. And who deserves to be entertained and kept company for those four hours that I spent home awake in the evenings. So lately I have tried not to open my laptop in the evenings. Because it is an endless road. It is unnecessary and it easily leads to thinking work which easily leads to working...


I am not complaining. I am just saying, that I don't have that much time to go around and take nice pictures of all the things around me. Well, what about the weekends, you lazy lady, you may think now. And you are right: I should do better. I try to do better. Days just escape me.




Yesterday it was so foggy, I could not see the next building from our office. Good luck to all those flying in our out of the city today. Hopefully that will not continue, my Valentine's date is flying down on Saturday.






While the guys were playing poker last Saturday (J. won some, so his forgiven ;o) me and my flying friend Pigga (above) did some shopping, admired each others dogs (from pictures, as both of those cuties are in Finland) as we always do, and had dinner in Kabb Restaurant in Xin Tian Di area. Pigga's hotel is in Pudong, so she had not been to Xin Tian Di before, and seemed to love the atmosphere: it is slightly polished / touristy, but I still like it. It has dozens of restaurants. And if you feel like it, you can pretend to be in Europe for an hour or two. I'll try to take some photos of it I can actually post. I usually go there in the evening for dinner, and all my pictures are unfocus due to darkness and my photographing skills.

But back to the dinner then: they served Valentine's menu, which was a four course dinner, completed with a glass of Prosecco. The candle-lit table was decorated with rose pedals... the chocolate cake was heart-shaped... and garnished with rose pedals. It was very... romantic.


Ok, no it wasn't but the food was very good, and we had good time.


Oh. Completele unrelated, but I got called "French Beauty" today in a meeting. By a lady. That was unexpected, to say the least. Let us just assume that the beuty is in the eye of the beholder. But people rarely say things like that in work. And secondly, I am not French, I don't even speak French and I have no idea why I would seem French. But hey, I would have NOTHING against being French Beauty, I would very much like that. I just hope it had a little more basis in the real life...



Here is a French Beauty for you.

I think. I ain't no horticultural expert.


Ei kommentteja: