maanantai 4. elokuuta 2008

Baaaad Sirkka

OMG what bad a** gross-hoppers or some I-don't-know-what-hoppers they have in this place! The sound they make is just unbelievable. I would record it, but you would not believe it's really that bad, that I'm not just turning on the volume. It is honestly so hard, high, and acrimonious (not sure if you can use that from a sound, but I'll just use it anyway) that your ears hurt when they really get it going.


It was one morning last week that I got an SMS about 8 am (I was in the office already) that J. had woken up to this circular saw screeding in the balcony. It was one of those huge hoppers (or I don't know what it really is in english). But let me just say that there is a metro construction going on on the other side of the road, and they keep banging and battering around the clock, but that is nothing compared to these creatures. And what ever it uses to make the noise, it does not move a thing that you can see.


When you walk under the trees in the dark, you can here they are all over the place. That's pretty much all you can hear, the traffic is nothing compared to these beats. They have invaded every tree in the city, but you cannot see them. And I am so sure that one of these days, any day now really, one of those things is gonna fall to my neck. And it has just got be to be bad to the bone, otherwise it could not keep that kind of noise, it would not be that ugly.


Here are two of the thousands of them:




Ei kommentteja: